“I wanted to share an appreciation for the excellent webinar. It was the most practical content I have ever heard on helping churches become generous. I think every pastor needs to hear this. Great service to the churches of the AWF Conference. Thank you to the Foundation for this gift.” – Rev. Rudy Heintzelman
In January 2019, the Methodist Foundation for Alabama-West Florida established Game Changing Leadership as a continuing service and resource to Alabama-West Florida Conference pastors, financial leaders, church staff, and lay leadership. These events focus on a variety of financial topics and needs within the church including, but not limited to, fostering a generous culture, developing financial leadership skills, developing and implementing planned giving/legacy giving, and improving personal and church financial health. Each event covers relevant topics and includes practical tips and tools that church leaders can easily put into place right away to start seeing an impact.
We are incredibly thankful to the hundreds of churches who have attended our Foundation events since 2019 and are blessed to be able to continue these events into 2022 and beyond. To view upcoming events, click here. If there are topics you are interested in us covering, please email us at [email protected].
“I have participated in at least 5 events and each one has given me new insights and tools to use in ministry that are especially helpful during our present circumstances due to the Covid-19 pandemic.” – Larry Teasley
We are excited about several upcoming Game Changing Leadership events throughout the rest of 2022 and into 2023:
- May 19, 2022: Creating a Culture of Generosity Post-Pandemic (email [email protected] to request a replay)
- June 7, 2022: Creating a Narrative Budget: The Story Behind the Numbers (email [email protected] to request a replay)
- August 4, 2022: Tools to Be More Effective as a Pastor with Your Church Budget and Finance Committee
- November 3, 2022: Capital Campaigns and Endowment Funds: What?, When?, How Much?, and How? (email [email protected] to pre-register)
- January 2023: Analyzing Giving Trends (email [email protected] to pre-register)
- February 16, 2023: Understanding Clergy Taxes (email [email protected] to pre-register)
- March 2023: How to Handle and What to Do with Debt (email [email protected] to pre-register)