“What we have heard and know, what our fathers have told us. We will not hide them from our children; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done.” — Psalm 78:3-4
The Foundation offers a variety of investment options for individuals who want to practice sound financial planning and faithful stewardship. The Foundation manages funds that have been deposited with it in accordance with the donor. The funds are placed under professional management, and a small fee is assessed in order to cover administrative costs.
Establishing an endowment through our estate plan is one way of showing that we care about the future of our church. As an individual, you can make a charitable contribution to your church’s endowment fund. You can give outright gifts of cash or planned gifts. These gifts will support various needs of the church such as missions, scholarships, and building maintenance. Not only does the church benefit from a planned gift, but the donor can receive tax benefits and the blessings of providing ongoing support to the ministry of the church.
Individuals in the AWF UM conference can invest in the Development Fund. The Fund pays these investors a rate of interest set each quarter then makes loans to churches, agencies and missions in the conference. The goal is to bring investors and borrowers together in the most efficient and effective way for the benefit of God’s work.
Development Fund Deposit Account Frequently Asked Questions
- What interest rate will I receive on my investment?
- The current rate is .60%. You may request a history of the interest rates paid by calling 334.793.6820.
- When will I receive the interest earned on my investment?
- Interest is paid quarterly and is earned from the day of deposit to the day of withdrawal. You may choose to have your interest reinvested each quarter.
- When can I withdraw my investment?
- You may withdraw your investment at any time with a written/signed request. There is no penalty, fee or loss of interest when withdrawing funds.