For churches and agencies in the AWF Conference who want to practice sound financial planning and faithful stewardship, the Alabama-West Florida United Methodist Foundation offers a variety of investment options. The Foundation manages funds that have been deposited according to the donor’s wishes. Funds are placed under professional management, and a small fee is assessed in order to cover administrative costs.
Church Endowment Program
The Foundation works with churches to set up and facilitate planned giving and permanent endowment programs. An endowment is a gift that can be invested to support church ministry programs such as missions, scholarships, and building maintenance.
The Foundation comes alongside local churches to create and maintain successful endowment programs. We provide your team with a step-by-step communication plan to help promote your endowment. Click here to learn more about our Church Endowment Program.
We believe there is no more significant investment than that planted for the next generation. Over $100 million has been placed with the Foundation for financial management, and we thank God for the gifts that keep on giving to our families, churches, and agencies.
In 1990, the Foundation began offering three different investment funds to participants. Under the guidance of the Foundation’s experienced Investment Committee, the Equity, Income, and Balanced Funds were established with specific objectives and parameters for investing. Unlike other investments, these funds are unique in that they follow the Book of Discipline’s guidelines on social screening and participants can create a custom investment plan. Below are yearly and “from inception” average returns on the funds and comparable indices.
Churches and agencies in the AWF Conference can invest in the Development Fund. The Fund pays these investors a rate of interest set each quarter then makes loans to churches, agencies, and missions in the conference. The goal is to bring investors and borrowers together in the most efficient and effective way for the benefit of God’s work.
Development Fund Deposit Account Frequently Asked Questions
- What interest rate will I receive on my investment?
- The current rate is 1.1%. You may request a history of the interest rates paid by calling 334.793.6820 or emailing [email protected]
- When will I receive the interest earned on my investment?
- Interest is paid quarterly and is earned from the day of deposit to the day of withdrawal. You may choose to have your interest reinvested each quarter.
- When can I withdraw my investment?
- You may withdraw your investment at any time with a written/signed request. There is no penalty, fee, or loss of interest when withdrawing funds.
Please feel free to download, print, and distribute Foundation resources (without altering them in any way) that will help your United Methodist church or ministry.