UM Foundation one-day events are either offered online or located conference-wide and aim to equip pastors, church staff, lay and financial leadership with needed tools and resources. We offer generosity and financial development through educational programs, workshops, and events that foster a better understanding of giving and stewardship as both an act of worship and discipleship.
- June 7, 2022 (Webinar) – “Creating a Narrative Budget” with Ken Sloane, UM Discipleship Ministries, and Terri Turner, UM Foundation Learn more and register
- August 4, 2022 (Webinar) – “Tools to be More Effective as Pastor with Your Church Budget and Finance Committee” with Chris Stovall, Generis, and Terri Turner, UM Foundation Learn more and register
- November 2022 (webinar) – “Capital Campaigns and Endowment Funds: What?, When?, How Much?, and How?” with Chris Stovall, Generis, and Terri Turner, UM Foundation (dates and details coming soon)
- January 2023 – “Analyzing Giving Trends” (dates and details coming soon)
- February 16, 2023 – “Understanding Clergy Taxes” (details coming soon)
- March 2023: “How to Handle and What to Do with Debt” (dates and details coming soon)
- More Events Coming Soon: Game Changing Leadership Events. Click here to sign up for event updates or email Andrea at [email protected].
- We are constantly looking for new event ideas that would be beneficial for our AWF Conference pastors and church leaders. If there are any topics you would like to see at future events, please email your ideas to [email protected].
The Foundation offers financial workshops for individuals and churches throughout the AWF conference in order to help create a culture of generosity. These workshops are provided as a ministry and are free of charge.
Generosity workshops include:
- Christian Financial Planning
- Wills & Estate Planning for Christians
- Charitable Gift Planning
- Starting an Endowment Program
- Benefits of Planned Giving and Leaving a Legacy
Contact us if you are interested in scheduling a generosity workshop.
- Game Changing Leadership: Creating a Culture of Generosity Post-Pandemic – May 2022
- Game Changing Leadership: Understanding Clergy Taxes – February 2022
- Game Changing Leadership: Make Your Annual Giving Statement Work for You – January 2022
- Game Changing Leadership: Knowing How to Use Giving Tuesday and Year-End Giving to Benefit Your Church – November 2021
- Game Changing Leadership: Keys to a Successful Annual Fall Stewardship Campaign Coming Out of the “COVID Cloud” – August 2021
- Game Changing Leadership: Be Renewed – August 2020
- Game Changing Leadership: Focusing Forward – June 2020
- Game Changing Leadership – During the Midst of the COVID-19 Crisis (“Navigating the Giving Conversation in a Virtual Setting” and “Creating a Financial Plan for Your Church During Crisis”) – April 2020
- Game Changing Leadership – Mobile, AL: January 23, 2020
- Game Changing Leadership – Montgomery, AL: September 6, 2019
- Game Changing Leadership – Crestview, FL: September 5, 2019
- Game Changing Leadership Webinar: March 21, 2019