SERVE-ival: Capturing the big-hearted enthusiasm for missions we’re seeing in these times and transforming it into a future forward framework for lasting change. – with Brian Jones
We’ve seen an incredible revival of neighbors serving neighbors. An engaging missions program in your church inspires a congregation and blesses a community. And an engaging missions program unlocks generosity in a way that maintenance mode will never do. How does the church now capture the big-hearted enthusiasm for missions we’re seeing and transform it into a future forward framework for lasting change?
In the SERVE-ival webinar, pastors and leaders will:
- Be introduced to frameworks that will help them structure the missions and outreach programming in their churches.
- Receive practical guidance on how to reimagine short term mission trips in this season, and in the future as well.
- Learn how to work with church Missions and Outreach boards and other lay leaders to plan for long-term impact and sustainability.
- Understand how missions has transitioned from transactional to relational and toward a hyper-local focus.
- Participate in a Q&A to ground the learnings into your individual church context.
- Be provided with a PDF copy of the frameworks as a later download.
Available Sessions (Sessions are available at multiple levels to best fit the specific context, size, and culture of your church to provide you with the most relevant, actionable information possible):
- June 11 at 1:00 pm (CST) • A session for churches with an average worship attendance of 1-300
- June 11 at 3:00 pm (CST) • A session for churches with an average worship attendance of 300 or more
When are the workshops? June 2020
What is the cost? These workshops are 100% FREE
Can I earn CEU credit? Yes! You can earn .1 CEU credit by attending this workshop
How long is each workshop? Each workshop lasts for one hour
Who are these Conference-Wide Seminars for? Missions Staff & Volunteers, Lay & Staff Mission Organizers, Lay & Staff Mission Trip Leaders, Youth Ministry Staff & Volunteers, Pastors, Church Staff, and Lay Leadership
Who are the speakers? Brian Jones, Generis Effective Ministry Team; Hosts are: Terri Turner, UM Foundation Executive Director; Alan Wildes, Generis Vice President; Chris Stovall, Generis Generosity Strategist
Brian Jones, Ministry Strategist for Missions
Brian Jones had a thriving career in the FBI before leaving to attend Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, KY. Once graduated he served at First United Methodist Church in Newnan, GA, and Colonial Church in Edina, MN.
Brian understands the diverse demands and responsibilities in a church. Known for his innovative and strategic thinking, he not only speaks the language of pastors but also brings a thoughtful systems approach to his work.
Most recently, Brian became the founder and Executive Director of Innové Studios where he had the incredible opportunity to pioneer a church missions model called “Shark Tank for churches” by Minnesota Business Magazine. Innové Studios has helped churches reinvigorate their missions programs, reengage their congregations, and revitalize their communities through the successful funding and launch of 21 social ventures.
Brian’s wife Danielle is the Minister of Mission and Congregational Life at Wayzata Community Church, where he serves on the camp board. He has two wonderful daughters, Campbell and Charlotte, and he has seen all the Marvel movies at least a million times.